RMC Educational Service Center – Rostov State Medical University8 min read
Pursuing a career within the field of drugs has been a dream for several students in India. With thousands of schools offering medical education or MBBS in India and abroad, aspirants have a sea of options. One of the common practices that are witnessed in India is that students pursue the course in countries far away from India and return to practice medicine in their country of origin. The importance of doctors is as a god in a patient’s life. A doctor’s life is not very easy as daily they have to deal with many patients with different symptoms. Using their knowledge, they try to their best to save many lives. They work round the clock to make sure that the patients get proper treatment. However, the profession has faced many criticisms, this is mainly due to the monetary exploitation of many doctors. Practicing medicine after completing MBBS education from abroad has been witnessed to supply great career opportunities to Doctors. Doctors with a world degree or education are known to draw in lucrative job offers. However, one cannot overlook the very fact that a world MBBS degree holds equal value to a national MBBS degree also.
In this article, we shall discuss the wants for practicing medicine in India after studying abroad. With a world degree in your hand, looking to legally practice medicine in India, acquiring a license is that the final cog within the steps to create a career in medicine. However, acquiring a license might not be as easy because it seems.
To acquire the license to practice medicine in India, all aspirants must clear a screening test which is currently organized by the National Board of Examination (NBE), under the rules of the MCI.
The screening test also referred to as Foreign Medical Graduates Examination or popularly referred to as the FMGE Screening Test, maybe a compulsory examination for all aspiring practicing doctors. Over the past few years, FMGE has been known to at least one of the harder examinations to crack in India. Recent records have predicted that less than 20% of the candidates can clear the examination and practice medicine.
Rostov State Medical University was established in 1930. The university is the most suitable option for medical aspirants to pursue MBBS in Russia, thanks to its quality education which is approved by the ministry of health and social medicine. Rostov State Medical University is among the topmost medical universities situated within the city of Rostov-on-Don.
In the Rostov State Medical University, the annual intake takes place within the month of September. Students are advised to submit the admission forms before July 15th.
Rostov State Medical University Ranking
Rostov State Medical University Ranking is a highly preferred University by foreign students mainly Indian. According to University Rank mentioned below are the Rostov State Medical University Ranking:
Rostov State Medical University Ranking (world) 7477
Rostov State Medical University Ranking (country) 289
Rostov’s state medical university ranking in WHO (World Health Organization): https://search.wdoms.org/
Rostov state medical university ranking in MCI (Medical Council of India): https://www.mciindia.org/CMS/information-desk/for-students-to-study-in-abroad
Rostov state medical university ranking in FAIMER (International Fellowship in Medical Education): https://www.faimer.org/resources/world-directory.html
Rostov state medical university ranking in WFME (World Federation for Medical Education): https://wfme.org/
Rostov State Medical University Fees
Rostov State Medical University Fees is mentioned year wise
|1st year Rostov state medical university fee||6,500 USD|
|2nd year Rostov state medical university fee||3,500 USD|
|3rd year Rostov state medical university fee||3,500 USD|
|4th year Rostov state medical university fee||3,500 USD|
|5th year Rostov state medical university fee||3,500 USD|
|6th year Rostov state medical university fee||3,500 USD|
|TOTAL FEES||24,000 USD|
* Yearly fee comprises all expenses such as tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* Total Amount payable may differ due to exchange depending on forex rate.
The Rostov state medical university hostel fee for MBBS course is fixed and is payable in Russian Rubles only. But, as it is not very easy to convert into Russian Ruble at currency exchange firms in many countries including India, the Rostov State Medical University hostel fees especially for Indian students is converted and calculated in US dollars, to provide ease in exchange option that is easily available to students in the campus. The students can get their 1st year Rostov State Medical University hostel fees with themselves and upon arrival, they can deposit the respective fees. Rostov State Medical university hostel fee for MBBS is fixed in US dollars and it does not fluctuate with the daily value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar, and the student should carry the exact amount of US Dollars as mentioned above in fee structure table, regardless of the rate of India Rupee versus US Dollar at the moment of exchange.
Rostov state medical university Eligibility-
- Student should be of 17 years old or before the 31st of December, of the year of admission.
- Minimum score of average of 65%-70% in the higher secondary school including English.
- To acquire the license to practice medicine in India, all aspirants must clear a screening test which is currently organized by the National Board of Examination (NBE), under the rules of the MCI.
- Admission for all specialties of higher education is carried out at the Rostov medical university by the results of two entrance examinations that include chemistry and biology.
Rostov State Medical University Admission
- Submit a scanned copy of documents class 10th mark-sheet, 12th mark-sheet, NEET result & passport, if prepared
- Submit duly filled Application Form & along with Undertaking Form provided by Rostov state medical university Admission block along with above mentioned set of documents.
- Make payment in favour of Rostov state medical university of initial booking amount through online transfer or by visiting Rostov state medical university Admission office.
- Rostov state medical university Admission Letter will be issued by the name of Rostov State Medical University along with the mentioned fees structure within the next few weeks confirming your Rostov state medical university admission.
- Submit the original mark-sheet/ passing certificate of 10th, 12th, passport, 10 passport size photos.
- Invitation letter will be issued from the Immigration section of Russia and will be submitted to the Embassy of Russia in India.
- Visa application documents will be prepared by Rostov State Medical University and submitted along with the invitation letter to issue a study visa.
- Submit HIV Report and other medical reports as insisted by University as per the guidelines provided by Rostov State Medical University Admission brochure.
- All original documents with passports submitted will be returned to students in the Rostov state medical university along with visa and apostle.
- Gather at the airport for departure, where a representative from Rostov state medical university campus will be available till your departure.
- Meet university representatives at Rostov airport on arrival and follow the next steps as instructed for final enrollment.
The basic set of documents needed for Rostov state medical university Admission are:
- SSC mark sheet
- HSC mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- NEET result
- Passport size photograph
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Medical certificate
Rostov state medical university hostel contains campus which is located in the centre of the city and has a campus orientated structure. All the university buildings, as well as hostels of Rostov state medical university hostel for students, are located within the Rostov state medical university. Among the several Rostov State Medical University, one of them is subjected to international students, especially from India. The Rostov state medical university hostel for Indian students is better affiliated than other Rostov state medical university campus and has CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety security systems, modern safety features and round the clock security. The Rostov state medical university hostel consists of 5 floors and each floor has various blocks. Each block has 4 rooms & out of these rooms in a block, 2 of them are 2 seater & remaining 2 are 3 seater rooms. Students have an option to choose among these 2 or 3 seater rooms as per the availability. Each block has its attached toilet & washroom located inside the block. Kitchens fitted with burners & oven are present on each floor for students to prepare food.
The total departments in Rostov State Medical University are maintained in 4 main faculties i.e. faculty of General Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentistry and Post-graduate & Professional training; and 52 departments for undertaking education in these faculties. The department of general medicine is that which receives the most number of applications from India for MBBS every year in English medium. The academic staff of Rostov state medical university regularly engaged in international conferences and symposia. Practical courses are also taught at the renowned city hospitals and out-patient clinics which enables us to apply the most up to date teaching methods. Students dedicate most of their time to theoretical subjects which are taught by Rostov State Medical University during the first 3 years of their course. While the remaining 3 years of MBBS course are completely used in acquiring clinical and theoretical skills. Most of the classes during this time are being conducted in hospitals situated within the city.
The medium of instruction in this medical university for international students in English, and the Rostov state medical university hostels and campus are well-equipped with the latest technologies. Studying in Rostov state medical university Russia also gives the students exposure to a new culture.
Advantages of Rostov State Medical University-
- The benefits of studying MBBS in Russia are countless. The comprehensive education module, excellent educational standards, and low tuition fees are a few of the many reasons why MBBS in Russia is a preferred option for many medical aspirants from across the world.
- The medium of instruction in most of the medical universities for international students in English, and the campuses and dormitories are well-equipped with the latest technologies. Studying MBBS in Russia also gives the students’ knowledge to a new culture and an exciting new life.
- Rostov State Medical University is one of the topmost and highest-ranked medical education universities in the Russian Federation. Rostov state medical university is proud to have a highly qualified & trained teaching staff, prestigious researchers and some world-famous physicians. Rostov state medical university campus was established in the year 1933 and during this course period of 85+ years, Rostov State Medical University campus has graduated
- Graduated more than 22,000 doctors. Currently, more than 350 teacher’s staff which consist of 86 Doctors of Medicine & 212 Candidates of Medicine are engaged in providing a world-class education to students. Rostov state medical university comprises a total of 52 departments and has more than 25 active clinics within the city where students get clinical skills. As of today, around 2,800 students (including foreign students) are pursuing graduation at Rostov state medical university.
Faculties offered at Rostov State Medical University are
- General medicine
- Medico – prophylactic
- Armed force medicine
Given below are the accreditation and recognition of Rostov State Medical University:
- World health organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Ministry of Public Health and Education, Russian Federation.
- Canadian Medical Council.
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council.
- German Science and Humanities Council.
- American Osteopathic Association.
Rostov State Medical University provides the below-mentioned facilities of accommodation and mess for their students:
- Rooms are offered with 2 and 3 beds sharing.
- Canteen and mess facility is available 24×7 for all the students.
- All rooms have internet access round the clock.
- Students at Rostov State Medical University campus has 5 hostels in the university campus on a sharing basis.
- All the essential modern amenities like a pillow, blanket, bed sheet, beds, tables and chairs are already added to the basic necessity list and is provided by Rostov State Medical University.
- A common kitchen is made available for students to cook their food too.
- Indian restaurants are also working in the city.
- Recreation room, gym, and laundry room’s types of services are also available to all students.